Monday, April 15, 2019

How my past life drive me to chase my dream now

Image result for dreamThere is no person alive that isn't filled with dream,goal and ideals.This is because dream are what make us what we are.Everyone has a different dream and these dreams are what influence our whole life.Without dreams, a person has no motivation and there would be no point in going to school or working.

My dream is to become a doctor and that's the reason that why i come to IMU .Medicine maybe a tough course for someone but for me ,it's interesting and stimulating.Being a doctor is really great because doctor knows that they get to help people to solve problem everyday.Besides, my decision to become a doctor was driven largely by values that instilled in me by my faith and my family.On the other hand,I did not come from a family of doctor but my family really encourage me to become a doctor because they told me that doctor is a one of the career that people respect to because they are dealing and saving people life.

I still remember when I was only ten years old,my English teacher in my primary school give a talk about the career path in future and asked each of the students in my class ,''What is your ambition?''. My answer is not actually doctor, but a scientist.Why? It's because I watched too much of scientific movies and documentaries on Discovery Channel.I thought it would be so fun to be in the laboratory,mixing chemical substances and potions that result in various reaction and invent some crazy stuff like time machine, war robots and more.However, my dream changes by time until there is a video that really changed my mind to be a doctor.
I was affected emotionally and touched from his video .This really inspired me to become a doctor so that I have the ability to help these people. I want to continue my journey in medicine field because I hope that one day I will find some treatment that can cure disease that still cannot treat today with the help of advanced technology and innovation of new medical supplies.

In addition ,there is also a TV series that stimulate my interest in medicine. The name of these TV series is On Call 36 hours.This is my most favourite TV series that I watch before and I even watch it twice.
On call 36 hours tvb
This 25 episode medical drama follows the lives and journeys of interns and residents in Mercy Hospital of Hong Kong, who must prove that they will make the cut as doctors or determine their specialty field by working the 36 hours on call shifts. The writing, acting and directing is really quite something- pointing out that doctors aren’t superheroes; they are human, normal people who make mistakes but that the stakes are so much higher. Amidst the themes developed through the interesting medical cases paralleled with the doctors’ lives, we are also given romantic entanglement, family conflict and healthy doses of friendship. It is indeed a well-rounded story: funny, touching and tear jerking at the same time.

From this drama , lessons could be learned every day between the junction of life and death. As Dr. Ben Lau once said, “No one can guarantee that once you walk out of the house today, you’ll come back safely. That’s why you have to appreciate every moment for your life.”. This drama leaves me with so much food for thought that I will remain satiated for a long time to come. TVB got it so right.

In a nutshell,I was inspired by movies to pursue my dream in medicine.It helps me to become more studious in order to achieve my goal in my life.Dream is the most important thing in our life and without dreams ,we will be pointless.Hence ,more action and hardworking needed to become successful in our future.Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment